Up-to-date Commuinity Housing COVID-19 information Click Here

Find a Place to Live

University Owned Properties

Community Housing manages the student rental properties owned by Queen’s University. Queen’s provides a variety of rental options to students, which includes two apartment complexes located at west campus – An Clachan and John Orr Tower – as well as a variety of apartments and houses in the University District (Core Rentals) around campus. All rentals units are governed by the Residential Tenancies Act (2006) and are one-year fixed-term leases.

External Housing Options

Community Housing also operates an *Accommodations Listing Service where external landlords can post listings for student rental units. This service is provided as a tool for students seeking accommodation.

Queen’s runs a voluntary Landlord Contract Program for landlords who have had their units inspected buy an independent third party for compliance with the City of Kingston’s property standards by-law.

The tricolour flag logo next to a listing on our listing service indicates that the unit is part of the program and as such has been inspected within the last 12 months and appears to meet the City’s  minimum property standards.

*Rental units on this searchable list are not inspected nor endorsed by Queen’s

Queen’s Student Community Relations office is available to provide confidential guidance on evaluating off-campus housing, avoiding fraud, tenant rights and responsibilities, and resources for moving in/out.